You are here
The "Golden Age of Piracy" comes to life at the Real Pirates exhibit at the Saint Louis Science Center. The 16,000-square-foot, interactive exhibition unlocks the real world of pirates, a world which had previously been relegated to movies and books and visually romanticized.
Real Pirates tells the true story of the Whydah- a slave ship turned pirate ship that sank off the coast of Cape Cod nearly 300 years ago. At the core of the exhibition are artifacts painstakingly recovered from the ocean floor, including treasure chests of gold coins, jewelry and the most advanced weaponry of the time. Open during regular center hours. More information: www.slsc.org
- See more than 200 artifacts from the first fully-authenticated pirate ship ever discovered in U.S. waters.
- See and touch real pirate treasure.
- Go "below deck" of the Whydah in a life-size replica of the ship.
- Experience the compelling true stories of members of the Whydah crew.
- Member Adult $8; Member Child (4-12) / Senior (62+) $6
- Non-Member Adult $16; Non-Member Child (4-12) $12
- Non-Member Senior $15
- College Student with ID $13.50
- Children age 3 and under are FREE
- Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Click here for more information.