You are here
Celebrate the Fourth of July in St. Louis at one of the Area's Family-Friendly Festivals
Some things, like fine wine, just get better with age. Our wonderful country is no exception. Celebrate her 236th birthday with a bang during a family-friendly Fourth of July celebration.
The biggest of these parties is Fair St. Louis. Now in its 32nd year, this annual bash is packed with three days of free entertainment on the grounds of the Gateway Arch. Start the fun off with all of the pageantry of the annual Veiled Prophet Parade. Scheduled events include two Independence Day runs, air shows, a Kids Zone and an Interactive Zone/Toyota Creative Station. This yearly event Fair St. Louis is always known for their musical guests, so don’t miss Heart, Third Eye Blind and Dierks Bentley on the main stage.
Fair St. Louis • 7 a.m. to 9:20 p.m. on July 4, 4 to 9:20 p.m. on July 6 and noon to 9:20 on July 7 • Admission is free • Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
• One of our family’s favorite ways to celebrate the holiday is Webster Groves Community Days. This four-day festival includes a parade, rides, barbeque and fireworks.
Webster Groves Community Days • July 1, 2, 3 and 4 • Admission is free • Memorial Park
• Over in Alton, they are starting the party early with a fabulous fireworks display. With the Clark Bridge as a backdrop over the Mississippi River, this pyrotechnic display is always a crowd pleaser.
Alton Fireworks on the Mississippi • July 3 • 9 p.m. • Free • Alton Riverfront Park
• Head to Bluebird Park for the City of Ellisville’s annual Fourth of July celebration. Enjoy ice cream, funnel cakes, hot dogs and brats while listening to live music. Work off those calories on the rock climbing wall, slide bounce combo, giant carousel or rat race. The night ends with a fireworks finale.
Fourth of July Celebration in Ellisville • July 4 • 6:30 p.m. • Free • Bluebird Park
• Celebrate our nation’s birth with O’Fallon’s largest party of the year, the Heritage & Freedom Fest. Located at the Ozzie Smith Sports Complex, this free festival includes a carnival midway, children’s activities, crafters, delicious eats and two spectacular nights of fireworks. Don’t miss concerts by Carolina Liar, Vertical Horizon and others.
Heritage & Freedom Fest • 5 to 10 p.m. on July 2, 5 to 11 p.m. on July 3 and noon to 10 p.m. on July 4 • Free admission • Ozzie Smith Sports Complex
• Light up the night with a fabulous fireworks display at Arnold City Park. Before the display, enjoy concessions and music by Joe Dirt and the Dirty Boys.
Arnold 4th of July Celebration • 4 p.m. • Free admission • Arnold City Park
Be sure to check our Things To Do section for more family friendly Fourth of July events across the St. Louis area.
Editor's Note: Some festivals have cancelled firework displays due to hot and dry weather. Please check with the individual festival for cancellations, or go to ksdk.com for an updated list of cancellations
By Andrea Wilson, Events Blogger for SmartParenting