September and October are prime months for outdoor family fun, so kick off your fall with the Life Outside Challenge! Discover the more than 128 miles of paved greenways across the St. Louis metro area during September and October, try free challenge activities, win prizes and discover new places! And, since life outside is all about fun, it couldn't be easier or more fun to participate.
What's the Life Outside Challenge?
The Life Outside Challenge is a free, fun way to get outside and try new things on the greenways all across St. Louis. Greenways are more than bike trails (although those are pretty great!). Some of the challenge activities include walking for 20 minutes, picking up 20 pieces of litter, listening for birds and making pieces of art from a leaf you find along the greenway. (Learn more about the Life Outside Challenge activities here.)
And get this:
• There's no registration, no fees, no deadlines (yes, everything is FREE!)
• Participate in as many or as few challenges as you want. If you do 10 of the challenges, you can log them and receive greenway prizes
• Take part in one of the FREE Life Outside Challenge Meetups to complete multiple challenges in one day.
Activities at the Meetups include:
• Guided Greenway walking tours
• Children's book readings
• Nature Crafts
• Cell Phone Nature Photography with Master Naturalists
• Yoga (short classes, all ages welcome!)
• Make lasting memories as a family
All three Meetups are from noon to 3 p.m:
• Saturday, September 17: Dardenne Greenway in Legacy Park in St. Charles County
• Saturday, September 24: St. Vincent Greenway in Ruth Porter Mall Park in St. Louis near the Delmar Loop
• Saturday, October 1: Mississippi Greenway in Cliff Cave Park
U.S. Bank Wild Lights at the Saint Louis Zoo is back for another beautifully lit season. Your family can stroll through the Zoo grounds surrounded by a million lights! Visitors will see animated light displays, enjoy fun photo opportunities, holiday carolers, Santa's woodland workshop, roaming entertainers, and lots more in this enchanting holiday wonderland.
Learn about Waldorf education by observing classes in session at the Waldorf School of St. Louis.
More than a million lights will illuminate some of the Missouri Botanical Garden's most iconic locations, walkways will be transformed into sensory light tunnels providing an explosion of visual magic, and traditional candlelight village displays, festive drinks, s'mores and great photo opportunities will delight crowds of all ages.
Visit one of the most dazzling holiday light displays in the Midwest on these special Family Nights when children's tickets are just $3.
Bring your family to Cardinals Nation Restaurant & Bar on select Wednesday nights this off season for Family Night with Fredbird! Meet Fredbird from 6:30-7:30 p.m., play games and win prizes! Kids 12 and under eat free per adult meal purchased.